The sales engineer is responsible for developing the business strategy, selecting key suppliers and strengthening alliances between these suppliers and the company. Able to define strategies and action plans aligned to the development plans of suppliers and the company, coordinate their execution, measurement and results. Lead the creation of effective plans to generate profits, increase the positioning of the brands we represent and improve customer satisfaction. In conjunction with company directors, managers and other personnel, he oversees the progress of business development.
- Create, develop and execute the business plan for each assigned product line.
- Exceed business and sales growth targets.
- Develop a business plan with key suppliers and implement it through the company's sales force.
- Lead commercial activities that allow or are focused on the conversion of key or strategic accounts.
- Develop sales strategies for the company's sales force.
- Assist the marketing department in locating and planning the budget for the product lines.
- Manage the assigned region similar to a profit generation center, to ensure the position of the company as the preferred distributor of the brand, with the intention of achieving the highest amount of profit in each market.
- Collect, integrate and interpret competitive information to be used in the region.
- Participate in strategic planning efforts as needed for the annual territorial presentations.
- Responsible for offering assistance to multiple locations as needed.
- Responsible for introducing new products to sales staff including product training, team presentation using demos, and identifying sales goals with sales staff.
- Establish appropriate goals to measure the success of product launches and promotional programs to achieve local sales objectives and take corrective actions when necessary to maximize their effectiveness.
- Manage and control the supply of inventory products, maintaining levels in accordance with the volume and market demand.
- Prepare “forecast” and budget recovery plans.
- Perform any other function necessary for the efficient flow of information and effective implementation strategies between groups as requested by management.
- Able to analyze market conditions and develop an annual business plan and coordinate its implementation.
- Able to work with the sales force in the development of sales opportunities where they are influenced by market specifications, understand market conditions, competitive forces, determine market share and identify growth opportunities.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies to increase penetration within the market using market strategies and improve competitive advantage for the company.
- Communicate effectively to managers and the sales team, situations of a commercial or technical nature of the products.
- Know efficiently the distribution and power products in a commercial way.
- Able to attract and motivate sales professionals and determine group goals.
- Able to lead and coordinate sales efforts necessary to identify and close account conversion and project sales opportunities for assigned products.
- Know the current technology and thus relate the assigned products offered by the supplier.
- Able to promote the added value of assigned products to develop competitive situations.
- Stay up-to-date on technology and be effective and accurate in handling technical questions and objections.
- Understand complementary product lines.
- Provide selection and design suggestions to clients for assigned products.
- Able to differentiate products / solutions from the competition and promote advantages and benefits, as well as differentiators.
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor in Engineering
- Possess at least five (5) years of experience in industrial sales and / or account management with automation products.
- Knowledge of industrial self-control that includes: programming of PLC's, PAC's and SCADA, network design, knowledge of communication protocols.
- Knowledge and understanding of the supplier, retailer, wholesale and manufacturer industries.
- High knowledge of Microsoft Office®.
- Fully Bilingual English and Spanish (spoken-written)
- Ability to coordinate, organize and present