Our client, an International Service Company with back offices in San Juan, Puerto Rico is hiring their General Counsel. This position is responsible to oversees and manage all legal services to the Company.
The General Counsel is responsible to advise the Company in all litigations process including claims, demands, settlements. Other responsibilities include provide legal guidance in all Corporate governance matters. This position is responsible for the assurance of the Organization to make informed decisions on legal risks and requirements.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance to upper management executives on all legal matters relevant to the Company
- Represent the Company before local and federal agencies.
- Conduct legal research relates to Company litigation claims.
- Draft legal documents including briefs, motions, pleadings, responses, etc.
- Anticipates and identify legal issues to develop legal strategies and solutions.
- Review, research, interprets and prepare both oral and written opinions on a wide variety of issues.
- Represents the Company in judicial and administrative proceedings and in negotiations with government and regulatory agencies.
- Serves as a liaison with outside counsels, government and regulatory agencies.
- Manage and advice business units on a broad spectrum of business issues.
- Provides legal direction and supervision on strategic initiatives and projects.
- Manages outside counsel and legal budgets.
- Juris Doctor
- State bar license -Puerto Rico- active and in good standing.
- State Public notary license -Puerto Rico- (active and in good standing)
- Ten plus years of relevant litigation and corporate experience
- Fully bilingual
Compensation: Competitive base salary according to candidate experience, plus a full competitive package of fringe benefits