Our Client, a leading provider of secured asset-based wholesale financing based in US with operations in Puerto Rico is hiring a Tax Accountant .This position is responsible for performing tax preparation, tax research, and tax planning services under direct supervision.
- Prepares federal, state, and local income tax returns for corporation and partnerships including support work papers.
- Prepares tax provisions schedules, returns, payments, reports and maintain a company’s tax database.
- Accurately prepare quarterly and annual reports.
- Works both independently and as an interactive team player in a supportive team environment.
- Prepares and maintains all documentation necessary for tax compliance including volume of business tax, property tax returns, corporate and flow through entities income tax returns, monthly sales tax returns and monthly import tax returns. This includes calculating any estimated payments related to this matter.
- Responsible for analyzing and calculating any book to tax differences.
- Performs tax research of state & local laws as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in accounting
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting with a focus on tax and/or corporate tax.
- CPA license is a plus
- Knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance, and all types of tax returns.
- Strong computer skills, including Office 365 and pivot tables.
- Experience with adjusting journal entries, including book to cash, cash to accrual, payroll, and payroll tax adjustments.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, result-based team environment.
- Fully bilingual (English & Spanish)
Commensurate with candidate experience plus excellent fringe benefits.