We are assertively looking for a Tax Accountant ready to join a company based in Puerto Rico, with over 40 site locations around the island. This position is responsible for all aspects of tax compliance and business licensing of a group of affiliated companies.
- Prepares and maintains all documentation necessary for tax compliance including: volume of business tax, property tax returns, corporate and flow through entities income tax returns, monthly sales tax returns and monthly import tax returns
- Responsible for analyzing and calculating any book to tax differences
- Performs tax research of state & local laws as necessary
- Responds to inquiries from government agencies and may participate in the resolution of audit controversies.
- Responsible for obtaining/renovating on an annual basis all business licenses for every location
- Assists in budget and forecasting activities
- Support Accounting Department with special projects and workflow process for operational improvements
- Bachelor in Accounting or relevant field
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with P.R. Tax System
- CPA or MBA a plus
Compensation: Commensurate with candidate’s experience plus excellent fringe benefits