The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for the management of various HR functions, particularly focusing on full life cycle recruitment and the team member on-boarding experience. The Specialist will review position requisitions, post positions, actively recruit, screen candidates, schedule and conduct phone and in-person interviews, and make offers of employment. The position will ensure a smooth on-boarding for new team members, and coordinate orientation and other initial training and performance evaluations. The Specialist may also assist with compensation and benefits administration, HRIS management, policies and procedures, organizational development, employee relations and engagement, records maintenance, and other administrative functions related to human resources, with the focus on recruitment and retention.
- Process and review employment applications to evaluate qualifications and eligibility of applicants
- Conduct initial screenings/interviews and determine pool of candidates to move forward in process.
- Assist management with the interview and selection process, and other duties related to recruitment.
- Responsible for maintenance of positions on job boards and company website, including posting and removing position openings.
- Promote the company on websites, job fairs and other community events.
- Coordinate the on-boarding process for newly hired employees, to include: ensuring new hire paperwork and processes are complete and accurate and coordination of new employee orientation and training programs.
- Conduct background checks on candidates and follow through to ensure completed checks; bring non-conforming situation to the attention of the HR Manager.
- Make verbal and written offers to candidates.
- Assist with development of job description and job postings.
- Partner with hiring managers to identify requirements and understand business needs as well and build strong relationships with hiring teams.
- Continuously develop and enhance recruiting process and candidate experience.
- May educate and communicate company personnel policies and procedures to employees.
- Maintain employee records in HRIS and payroll systems and run reports.
- Analyze reports/data to determine necessary actions to ensure accurate information and processing in systems.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field and (1) year of Human Resources experience, with a minimum of (3) years of experience in recruiting.
- Competent in usage of recruitment sources, websites and tools.
- Ability to effectively screen, interview and select candidates for various positions.
- Ability to appropriately and effectively handle urgent employee relations issues and matters with ability to discern the need for others involvement.
- Ability to work independently and make recommendations related to hiring of candidates.
- Ability to remain calm while working under pressure in a busy environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive company and employee information.
- Growing knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including: MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook; also, Google Docs is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Language: Fully Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Compensation: $30,000.00 annually per year
- Work Remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19, position is based in the northwest area of Puerto Rico.