Published: June 26, 2021
- Developing the overall conceptual and the basis of design level design approaches and documentation.
- Designing central utility plant systems and overall equipment layouts.
- Developing the building management system.
- Performing temperature, humidity, and utility calculations.
- Developing the HVAC, plant and clean utility, plumbing, and compressed gas systems,
- Developing the specifications of construction, and the mechanical and utility equipment.
- Developing P&IDs, equipment plans, plant / process utility distribution plans and system details.
- Developing all airflow diagrams, pressurization plans and classification, this includes ductwork and piping plans.
- Developing utility consumption summaries, such as, plant and clean / process utilities.
- Performing submittal reviews, RFI responses, and field visits to verify the construction of mechanical / utilities scope of the design intention and assisting in the start-up of systems when necessary.
- Directing daily activities of Mechanical CAD and Designer staff and use CAD and Modeling programs when necessary.
- Managing and developing the mechanical / utilities scope of the project budget and schedules, as well as marketing services to client and maintaining client relationships, and contributing to discipline related content for proposals.
- Traveling as required for client development and project execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent field of study.
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Have 10+ years of experience in Engineering and/or Design.
- Be a Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Knowledge and understanding Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Previous experience with projects related in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or industrial process industries, and has worked with industry standards (cGMP or ISPE) and designs related to energy efficiency and sustainability is preferred.