Published: May 28, 2020
- Process and manage purchase orders. Controls supplier compliance to on time delivery, terms and conditions, supply contracts, and product specifications.
- Analyses demand history, trends, and forecasts to maintain target ratio inventory levels and fill-rates.
- Drives sourcing solutions for existing products to reduce costs and negotiate optimal terms. Negotiate best possible payment terms with suppliers.
- Manage updates for planning system to ensure accurate purchasing quantities.
- Ensures communication with transportation carriers to insure timely pick-up and delivery from suppliers.
- Responsible for communication flow with accounting and suppliers to insure timely and accurate payments.
- Manage supplier quality issues including claims, corrective action documentations, and credits.
- Analyzes short shelf life and slow-moving products and conducts monthly meeting with sales and warehouse departments to maintain healthy inventories.
- Continuously evaluates company procedures and utilization of resources to implement improvements.
- Ability to coach and mentor planner and logistics teammates to maximize individual and team success.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Planning or similar background.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in supply chain and logistics industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize