We are currently searching for an Engineering professional with 3+ years of engineering background ready to pursue a well-rounded career opportunity as an Engineering, EHS & Procurement Manager.
Our Client is a prominent Puerto Rican Company with over 50 Gas Stations and Retail Convenient Stores, continuously pursuing to expand its growth throughout the island.
Among the responsibilities of this key role:
- Manages the Re-image strategies of the sites (from the perspective of engineering, construction, design, coordination, etc.)
- Responsible for timely execution and within the budget of the engineering, environmental, and purchasing projects approved in the annual budget.
- Responsible for all environmental requirements of EPA & JCA.
- Responsible for the application of the different permits required by the respective government agencies.
- Review, code, approve and channel invoices related to services in a way that ensures the maximization of the assigned budget.
- Reduce the company's environmental liability with the support of contracted environmental experts and aim for zero penalties while under the Consent Decree.
- Developed with the support of company leaders, the Purchasing Department (future goal).
- Contact and coordinate the jobs offered by external and internal suppliers.
- Hold weekly meetings with department personnel to provide follow-up, coordinate work, and deal with employee situations.
- Manages and supervises projects related to maintenance and environmental construction projects.
- Carry out the processes related to the "take-off" of estimates.
- Keep details of environmental equipment costs in terms of everything related to company insurance.
- Constant and clear communication with our Environmental and Legal Advisors and the Construction and Maintenance Manager is a priority.
- Review the plans according to the needs of each project.
- Coordinates with the corresponding managers and/or agencies the permits required as a project leader.
- Coordinates with the general contractor, subcontractors, and other companies regarding the agreed and scheduled works.
- Reviews contracts and estimates and makes recommendations for adjustments if necessary.
- Coordinates the purchase of equipment and materials for the project.
- Responsible for aligning operations with existing regulations, such as permits for underground gas tanks.
- Processes permits and inspections for environmental constructions as required by the president of the company.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience
- Knowledge of engineering, maintenance, permitting, safety, and environmental aspects.
- Knowledge of new trends in technology, design, and construction.
- Effective management of multiple projects.
- Knowledge in preparation of work and construction itineraries.