Our client is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world.
It takes the imagination and passion of all—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
The Procurement Risk Manager will be located and report directly to the Director of Strategic Sourcing at the Puerto Rico operations. The Procurement Risk Manager will collaborate closely with the BOC Procurement Managers to drive the execution of Risk Mitigation activities and initiatives as defined by the Procurement Category Strategies and Business Critical Product Lines while demonstrating and aligning with the methodologies and reporting from the Global Procurement Risk Model. This role will require engagement with the Mexico Sites, Global Procurement and other functions within the Business Segments. The primary purpose of this role would be to lead and/or support all initiatives and activities related to ensuring supply continuity at the BOC Sites.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage/Partner with Company Procurement Managers, Mexico Sites, Internal Stakeholders and Suppliers in Driving and Reporting on Business-Critical Product Line Risk Mitigation Initiatives as well as Risk Programs targeting Supplier Quality, Supply Continuity and Cost Management (i.e. Tail Spend Rationalization, Inventory Management)
- Serves as Strategic Sourcing lead and primary point of contact in collaboration with the Global Procurement Risk Function on Global Procurement Risk Initiatives
- Tracking and reporting of supply critical issues and reactive risk mitigation activities including but not limited to business impact in form of Back Order and Production Line Stoppages
- Support Supplier Value Stream Mapping to define sub tier risks and Supply Chain challenges for Risk Mitigation development
- Leads supplier interruption events as assigned when cross site or cross category complexity exists
- Serves as Strategic Sourcing lead to develop Plant Purchasing Execution Indicators
- Drives, tracks and reports on Inflation Mitigation and Clawback initiatives
- Serves as Strategic Sourcing lead during Audit Preparations and representative during these Audits
- Support indirect procurement needs in the Guaynabo Office
- This role may also provide support to other category management or Global Procurement initiatives on an as needed basis.
Education and Experience required:
- BS/BA degree with 6-8+ years of experience in Procurement
- Experience in building metrics or dashboards for Executive Level reporting
- Experience in Negotiating and Developing Agreements
- Experience in Medical device or Regulated Industry
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in Supplier Risk Mitigation
- Experience with Audits in a Medical device or Regulated Industries
- Excellent analytical, project management, influencing, negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous priorities, understand and manage complex situations, and communicate and report out at executive levels in a matrixed organization
- Ability to use PC's and associated software