Published: November 11, 2021
- Manage flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between departments.
- Coordinates material needs for manufacturing lines.
- Use the MRP application to plan and maintain optimal inventory levels.
- Review production schedules and related information and confers with department supervisors to determine material requirements, track material, and identify overdue materials.
- Handles stocking materials / consignment effectively to maximize inventory turns and cash flow management.
- Complete part setup for purchased items as needed, including pricing, costing, lead time, supplier, and ERP planning information.
- Ensure that procurement records are maintained to document items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Maintains direct communication with suppliers when placing orders and ensuring delivery and services.
- Implement inventory control strategies to increase turns and reduce obsolescence.
- Have a Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Purchasing, Materials Management, or a related field of study.
- Have proven experience in negotiation and procurement.
- Experience with Pivot, VLookup, and other Data Analysis skills.
- Have prior experience with MS Office applications and MRP systems.