Published: August 20, 2019
- Drives continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assesses the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the work cells.
- Assures that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offers new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are "best in field."
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Establishes new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Exchanges knowledge and information with other facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the organization.
- Ensures 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
- Ensures all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Encourages team members to maintain an in-depth field of experience and knowledge regarding emerging electronic, manufacturing and materials management technologies.
- Adheres to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Complies and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Directly supervises assigned employees and carries our supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies, procedures, and all applicable laws. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training; assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education, Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years’ work experience in a relevant position or equivalent external work experience, including 5 years management experience.
- Advanced PC skills
- Strong molding manufacturing knowledge and experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish & English)