Published: August 4, 2019
This is a highly visible role that directs and oversees operational policies, objectives, and initiatives.
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining and improving the operational functions of screen print production and value-added services while maintaining superior service to customers with a focus on quality, productivity, safety, loss prevention and employee relations.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams of staff including screen print production, value-added services, warehousing, shipping and receiving, and maintenance.
- Accurately plan and budget resources and projects.
- Set clear goals for safety and productivity, and successfully deliver on them.
- Respond to requests as required; troubleshoot issues to determine root cause and solution.
- Lead and assist with project management.
- Identify and implement best practices at the site.
- Use computerized production tracking system to ensure sufficient planning, productivity and production deadlines are met.
- Build the culture of the production facility and passionately develop the team.
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical, business administration or other industry related field.
- 5+ years screen print production management preferred. Skilled with a broad spectrum of textile screen printing equipment and software to include manual and automatic printing presses.
- 5+ years’ experience effectively managing an operation comprising both salaried and hourly staff of at least 100; the ability to effectively teach, lead and manage within all areas of the operation and coach staff beyond current potential.
- Problem-solving skills, mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, and a willingness to work per prescribed production methodologies and processes.
- Excellent communication, writing, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy using Windows and MS Office.
- Experience with production management software such as a WMS and ERP, a plus.
- Bilingual - both English and Spanish, a plus.