This professional is responsible for developing merchant partner relationships in direct selling activities to merchant acquisition activities with a focus on the medium and high-risk e-commerce industries. The Sales Representative is expected to meet revenue and profit targets and be primarily responsible for tactical sales.
- Initiate contact with Merchants regarding our extensive merchant offering.
- Actively sell Merchant Services solutions by phone to existing clients and prospects.
- Gather merchant statements, present proposals, close and set up new accounts.
- Close opportunities that are referred by agents and partners
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all data and interactions with merchants and partners
- Use discretion to avoid poorly qualified or fraudulent applications from being submitted to underwriting
- Contribute to a transparent and trusting relationship with our financial institutions and referral partners
- Keep CRM updated on a weekly basis and prepare monthly and quarterly sales reports
- Provide value added market intelligence through open communication and regularly scheduled cross functional discussions
- Explore new target markets, advocate for merchant needs, and lend industry expertise across functions to grow and develop the value proposition
Skills and Qualifications
- Self-motivated team player who can operate in a highly collaborative environment
- Well-organized, with the ability to make and keep commitments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Flexibility to work efficiently in a home office environment as required
- Established ISO/Agent and ISV relationships a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, MS Word, in particular)
Experience and Education Requirements
- Demonstrated success within direct or partner sales within the merchant acquiring industry
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education preferred
- Prior focus in e-commerce medium to high-risk strongly preferred