Published: April 14, 2021
Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes and/or projects in at site level to optimize manufacturing of units and required components.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Conducts / leads or participates in Process Mapping, FMEA, and Problem-Solving initiatives to promote and ensure that plant processes are continuously improving and operating in a waste elimination mode.
- Implements processes in accordance to Lean / Design for Testability principles and serves as facilitator for other employees including supervision, management and hourlies, to work within lean principles.
- Prepares and implements detailed plans to ensure that new technology and product transfers and new product introductions are implemented within required timeframe and cost.
- Facilitates / leads implementation of processes required to achieve elements of the facility Strategic Plan and Scorecard objectives including elements such as Five S, ISO, Ergonomics program and Operational Excellence Plan.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and required tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Confers with vendors to determine tools, product and services specifications and arranges for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Identifies needs and proposes elements to be included in the annual Capital Plan.
- Coordinates implementation of projects included in the facility annual Capital Plan and ensures timely implementation of it as per schedule.
- Trains other employees in Lean and other processes such as ISO procedures, PFMEA, Process Mapping and use of appropriate manufacturing methods.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Maintain the work area clean and organized.
- Support lean initiatives (5s, RIE’s, SQDIP, MDI, 9 step).
- Comply with company policies and procedures, including EHS and ISO requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in manufacturing.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures.
- Problem solving skills.
- Team works oriented
- Computer knowledge (MS Office, project planning, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of ISO
- Knowledge of Lean / Design for Testability theory and implementation
- EIT and active member of CIAPR.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Knowledgeable on welding process is a plus.