Published: May 28, 2020
- Accountable for supervising the daily work and safety of employees engaged in the receiving, replenishing and storing of inbound products.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience in warehouse, logistics, distribution environment
- Experience supervising groups of ten or more employees
- Must have hands-on experience using JDEdwards (non-negotiable)
- Budget development and management
- Safety Management
- Managing Processes
- Surveillance Skills
- Inventory Control
- Reporting Skills
- Analyzing Information