Published: November 6, 2020
- Will collaborate with global business and procurement managers to set the global strategic and tactical direction for sourcing efforts related to spend category, ensuring integration with business vision and strategy.
- Responsible for creating category sourcing strategies and deploy process throughout company by effectively communicating category strategies to the business unit and R&D leaders.
- To understand and monitor key spending trends, cost drivers, market factors, geographic considerations and strategic importance of critical materials in order to implement appropriate sourcing strategies.
- Manage and facilitate all facets of the procurement activities for category including vendor evaluations, site audits and continuous improvement process for all suppliers.
- Responsible for locating, analyzing, developing and maintaining a consolidated supplier base to meet current and future needs of all purchased materials and services.
- Direct global-wide negotiations for business terms and develop contracts for the supply of both standard and complex products and services with current and new suppliers.
- Evaluate complex situations to develop and implement a preferred solution for the maximum benefit.
- Lead and direct supplier business review process to drive continuous improvement in cost, delivery and quality performance.
- Uphold company fiduciary responsibilities; actively ensure and maintain adherence to company standards and values, busines controls, ethics, policies and procedures, and professional standards.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process by leveraging Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Must have a strong understanding of Plastic based materials and services in the manufacturing industry.
- Must have a strong understanding of sourcing process, global strategies, analytics, negotiations, costing, exercises, make versus by and market intelligence.
- Hands-on knowledge of sourcing systems.