The General Manager (GM) will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee operations and sales activities and ensure development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the company. Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Assist with developing all sales, gross profit, expense budgets relevant to the position.
- Identify new business opportunities including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Responsible for ensuring that all operating standards and policies are complied with at all times, including, but not limited to, technical, merchandising, spare parts, after-sales and house-keeping standards.
- Implement and maintain effective loss prevention controls to safeguard company assets and eliminate potential irregularities.
- Oversees the recruitment and training of the sales team
- Promote and drive a culture of continuous learning.
- Encourages and facilitates the application of technology to improve management reporting
- Collaborate with the Directors to develop the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives.
- Develop promotional strategies and activities, assist in creating cost effective advertising programs and merchandising strategies
- Responsible for all orders including governmental requirements and compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for the general administration of the day-to-day functions of the dealership in conjunction with other unit heads.
- Oversee facilities services and maintenance activities
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Accounting, Finance or related field, or the equivalent in practical and specialized training
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the management of a marine/boating parts dealership or in dealership after sales.
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Software; possesses experience in working with automotive based technology.
- Excellent reading, writing and comprehension in English
* Interested Candidates must be willing to relocate to St. Martin. Company will provide relocation assistance.