This role requires an individual who is resourceful and can take initiative in the absence of specific direction; must have a positive and pleasant attitude with a general willingness and desire to help others. The ability to work independently, anticipate needs, and prioritize workload are required. In addition, strong organization skills, written and verbal communications skills are a must. The capability to maintain the highest level of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality are crucial to this role.
- Consolidate, streamline, coordinate and manage several complex calendars (personal and professional) by communicating with several parties and utilizing judgment in the allocation of time between meetings and meeting logistics.
- Serve as a gatekeeper; helping to optimize CEO’s time.
- Collect a list of key decisions the CEO needs to make each day, such as: documents to review, important emails, follow ups, invitations, deadlines, reminders, etc.
- Constantly think of ways CEO’s days can run more smoothly by reviewing his time management and use a data driven approach to make improvements.
- Plan and arrange extensive personal and professional international and domestic travel, including, but not limited to preparing trip logistics, agendas, meeting materials, and detailed itineraries.
- Coordinate and schedule key appointments, meetings, and events with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in drafting and/or editing important documents and presentation materials.
- Serve as a liaison across teams and work with departments across the firm.
- Coordinate with a variety of personal contacts such as: accountants, chefs, pilots, and family members.
- Assist with the organization of longer-term projects, including preparation of project management-related materials.
- Run ad hoc errands and complete special projects, as assigned.
- Handle confidential and non-routine information, applying extreme confidentiality and sensitivity in the dissemination of this information.
- Sort and distribute mail, process expenses through the Firm’s expense report system, Tripsware.
- Must be prepared, highly responsive, flexible, and available to assist outside of regular business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 8+ years of professional experience at the executive or personal assistant level in a corporate setting.
- Aptitude for juggling multiple tasks with superb accuracy.
- Proven ability to anticipate future needs and prepare accordingly.
- Excellent calendar management skills and knowledge of today’s most efficient scheduling applications. Household management experience a plus.
- Openness to a wide variety of tasks on the administrative spectrum (pitching in to accomplish any task dealt).
- Prior experience supporting C-level executives.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Solid business acumen; experience interpreting and applying various policies to the Partners’ personal interests.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- High degree of integrity and the ability to recognize the requirements of confidentiality.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Outstanding organizational, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and last-minute requests.
- Demonstrated team player and independent thinker.