- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication while following up on leads.
- Responsible for maintaining rooms and books of the Banquet facilities.
- Responsible for overseeing that the appearance of the banquet rooms portrays the Five Star image of Club.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the Clubhouse, including Food & Beverage and Banquets.
- Oversee the solicitation of new and existing accounts.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within the market.
- Oversee the implementation of special promotions relating to direct sales segments.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and S.O.P.’s , and ensure knowledge of and adherence to these policies.
- Conduct a thorough site inspection of the Club, exhibiting key features and benefits of the Club.
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
- Attend other hotels pre-convention meeting on a needed basis.
- Work with the Accounting department to ensure proper billings for events; explain and justify charges to clients.
- Ensure that ongoing presentations, activities, catering functions, etc. are up to Club standards.
- Ensure member/guest satisfaction by handling any and all problems that occur in the Club in a hospitable, professional manner.
- Review meeting planner evaluation with the Food & Beverage Manager to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
- Develop, implement and monitor standards of service and coordinate catering activities of all units to ensure that a high quality of production and service is maintained; regularly evaluate services and determine means by which to upgrade quality of catered events.
- Work with the Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Chef to plan and coordinate all details of catered events.
- Responsible for the supervision of all aspects of catering banquet events from preparation and set-up to the service, break-down and clean-up.
- Greeting members/guests and others in a professional manner and exceed them to appropriate banquet area.
- Develop pricing policy and pricing for all catering events.
- Perform any other duty as required by the Club Director.
- Maintain a warm and friendly smile at all times.
- At least three (3) years of progressive sales experience in a specific market, or a four (4) year college degree and at least one (1) years of related experience.
- Ability to work effectively with others, ability to take direction, carries out written and oral instructions and to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Computer literate, in a Windows environment.
- Able to speak, clearly and effectively to members/guests, employees and the general public.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Knowledge of basic accounting, finance.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations and maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Attention for details before, during and after banquet activities.
- Effective handling problems in the work place, including participating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from the disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by Associates, guests and Club members.
Necessary Knowledge, Ability and Skill:
Ability to deliver a high quality standard of service, consistently with emphasis on continued improvement.
Understanding of Club operations, organizational and sales techniques.
Ability to train, motivate and supervise.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Bi-Lingual: English & Spanish
Able to work weekends, rotating shifts and holidays.