We are actively in the search for an Environmental Specialist, ready to join an outstanding company based in Puerto Rico, with over 40 site locations around the island.
The following is a brief description:
- Oversees environmental compliance for all facilities and sister companies of the company.
- Ensures environmental compliance with Federal Laws and Regulations (EPA), as well as those of Puerto Rico (DNER), mainly regarding underground tank systems (TAS) and other environmental activities related to the operation of convenience stores and service stations.
- Provides support to our entire team regarding department projects and the request for Operating Permits, Tank Replacements, Tank Installation, or other activities aimed at remediation or environmental studies.
- Conducts internal and external audits of our stations' compliance with the Consent Decree.
- Accountable for ensuring all necessary documentation for the creation of quarterly reports and other requirements of the Consent Decree.
- Becomes familiar with the leak detection and control systems that we have installed, as well as their troubleshooting.
- Manages the budget assigned to the “Consent Decree” project.
- Able to conduct training for Store Managers and other essential personnel regarding issues related to PRCTAS.
Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree in Environmental Sciences, or related with 3+ years of environmental compliance experience. Training (preferred) in SPCC, SWPPP, MSGP, OSHA, HAZWOPER