Published: August 9, 2019
- Coordinate and provide leadership to quarterly Safety Audit with management to assure compliance of environmental, safety and health regulations. Assure open items are closed and follow up on compliance items.
- Coordinate and conduct, were applicable, specialized Safety training such as: CHAP, confine space, ergonomics, hot work permit, fire extinguisher, OSHA laboratory standards, safety and industrial hygiene management system, OSHA record keeping, CPR, First Aid, Emergency Response, HAZWOPER, etc. Assist in the Safety/Health Training of personal required for the operation of these facilities.
- Direct and leads any Safety/Health Audit from Corporate, Division, OSHA, EPA, and/or EQB Offices.
- Defines, coordinates, and implement the Industrial Hygiene Programs for company. Assure CHAP, CHP, PPE program evaluation and trainings are updated. Assure Industrial Hygiene Monitoring Plan and ergonomic Program are established and accomplished. Assure Respiratory, Hearing, programs are updated in a regular basis.
- Assure implementation and review of the company accident investigation/review program to improve the Safety and Health records. Maintains a tracking system. Communicate to staff in a quarterly basis. Complete all environmental reports and then submit them to Site Environmental Department.
- Maintains and updates company Emergency Response/Evacuation plan and performs within its safety area. Implement and update Emergency Preparation Program for the Plant and include plant data on company Disaster Recovery Plan. Coordinate an evacuation plan at least once a year.
- Implement and maintain a complete long-range plan and Safety Plant Goals that impacts all company subsidiaries management levels. Delineate / recommend written safety and health objectives established for all management personnel. Review with Staff on a quarterly basis.
- Assures coordination of Medical Surveillance Program with Infirmary. Leads Case Management.
- Implement and follow up Biosafety Programs for employee affected. Train and retrain employees on an annual basis. Coordinate vaccines and screening with infirmary department. Assure that the Biosafety Database Program is updated and maintained.
- Develop and maintain monthly inspections. Ensure that deficiencies identified on general planned inspection are corrected on a priority basis.
- The incumbent is part of the senior management at the site level and as such is vested with the authority to assign and allocate personnel and resources throughout the plant, as necessary. In addition to other functions has responsibility for CAPA oversight and management review of the quality system.
- Participates in hazardous waste management, environmental field operations, and recycling activities at company according to the Solid Waste Laws and Regulations (i.e. Puerto Rico Environmental Quality Board, the Solid Waste Management Authority (SWMA), US Environmental Protection Agency).
- Provides technical assistance in waste classification.
- Coordinates handling and disposal of wastes with the company Environmental Department.
- Coordinates proper disposal of contaminated material in case of spill of hazardous materials.
- Participates in preparation of Solid and Hazardous Waste Reports, notifications, and compliance data to the government agencies affecting company facilities. Key reports include: Toxic Release Inventory Report (Form R) under SARA Title III, SWMA Reports, EQB-EPA Hazardous Waste Manifest notifications, Chemical Inventory Report Tier II, Hazardous Waste Biennial Report, etc.
- Provides appropriate training and education to meet regulatory requirements and waste reduction goals.
- Responsible for proper classification, identification, packaging, disposal, and management of Hazardous Waste.
- Supports company EHS Program.
- B.S. in Health Sciences, Industrial Safety or Engineering or master’s degree in health science, Industrial, Safety or Engineering.
- Eight (8) years of EHS work experience with a BS in Health Science or BS in Engineering. Six years of EHS work experience with a master’s degree in health science industrial safety or Engineering Field.
- Four (4) years managerial supervisory experience.
- Must possess oral and written communication skills, both in English and Spanish to effectively communicate within all managerial levels.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State laws about Safety.
- Ability to monitor a large group of employees.
- Management and administrative skills and Environmental, Safety and Health experience is required.