The Dealer Development Operations Supervisor directs the strategic and operational plans for the department that include the optimal development of the brand's dealer network according to the standards of the manufacturer and the company in Puerto Rico and in the US Virgin Islands. Promotes and implements excellence in all operational processes relevant to the dealer network. Manages the department's budget according to the business plans and profitability objectives of the company.
Responsible for leading, motivating, monitoring and professionally developing its staff to the highest possible level. Responsible for maintaining the highest levels of service with the network of brand dealers, suppliers, the manufacturer and the company's senior management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops the training programs and budgets of the Sales and Dealer Academy. This includes, but is not limited to: sales processes, operational efficiencies, best operational practices, sales force certifications required by the manufacturer, best labor and retention practices, among other related topics.
- Develops and administers all the evaluation and recognition programs of the brand and the company.
- Establishes the qualitative metrics of the programs that, together with the quantitative sales, measure the performance of dealership operations to identify opportunities for improvement, propose solutions to strengthen weak areas, and coordinate the implementation of action plans.
- Identify and analyze business trends in the industry and commerce in general at the local, national and global levels and present identified opportunities for expansion, investment or diversification for the benefit of the company and / or the brand. Benchmarking with other OEMs of the brand and of competitors in the market and in other territories where the brand competes.
- Develops and manages the qualitative performance programs of the brand such as DCSI, Customer Service Survey, mystery shopping, Traffic Monitor among others, including budgets enforcing the objectives established by the company and the brand.
- Plans and implements the corporate identity program in the dealer network in all its facets and according to the manufacturer's requirements and the company's budgetary policies.
- Plans, coordinates and enforces improvements to the facilities of the dealer network, enforcing the delivery dates as stipulated by the conditions agreed by the financial support program and / or commitments agreed with the manufacturer.
- Enforces the terms of the dealer agreement related to the standards of facilities, financial requirements and operational processes of each dealer within the dealer network. Negotiates the renewal of these agreements and the new requirements established within the time by the company.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing or Industrial Psychology
- Minimum 6-8 years related experience within the automotive, retail or restaurant industries.
- Bilingual Spanish and English
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project)
- CRM platforms
- Certifications in sales process
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Skills to influence people
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment