Published: June 25, 2021
- Commercial Lines UW – Property, Casualty, Surety
- Personal Lines UW – Homeowners and Residential Property
- Customer Service for direct Commercial Accounts and high limits insureds
- Establish clear UW guidelines
- Establish new business workflow
- Establish renewal process workflow
- Provide solutions to streamline workflows
- Help agents with questions, guidelines, and UW systems
- Prepare and maintain paperless UW files
- Provide training and underwriting consistency to all branches
- Promote a customer service culture
- Availability to visit USVI frequently
- Prior supervisory experience
- Provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Help develop and successfully implement product strategies and actively participate in the review of the performance of selected lines of business, with particular emphasis on growth and quality risk assessment.
- Contribute to the successful growth and development of the Commercial Lines business, through the acquisition of medium to large cases and portfolios, while ensuring quality risk selection.
- Underwriting Commercial business must be in accordance with agreed standards and limits to deliver planned financial results.
- Report to key stakeholders on new business growth, opportunities, business quality, trends (internal & external) and market developments.
- Propose and develop implementation plans to develop growth and improve quality.
- Demonstrate initiative
- Set high standards of professionalism in all business dealings.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team and with colleagues
- Any other duties/responsibilities that may be reasonably.
- Assist in the development and mentoring of staff in technical insurance matters.
- Fully Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated record in building working relationships within team units and with other internal and external stakeholders.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in Commercial Lines underwriting.
- Strong technical understanding of Insurance products and underwriting disciplines.
- Proven track record in applying critical thinking as part of the underwriting process.
- Strong market & industry knowledge and experience.
- Quality focused to provide excellent service to all customers and meet deadlines as required.
- Experience of effective stakeholder management within a commercial environment.
- Pragmatic decision maker with solid underwriting assessment and reasoning skills and an ability to work on own initiative.