Design, program, simulate and test automated machinery and processes in order to complete exact tasks. Utilizes technology to improve, streamline and automate manufacturing processes. Responsible for planning, implementation, and monitoring of such technology.
- Plans, implements and monitors the automated machinery and
- Perform process improvement by introducing automation technology and
- Designs the specifications, processes and other detailed documentation of their
- Controls, simulates, installs, tests and manages electrical or mechanical
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing
- Conducts / leads or participates in Process Mapping, FMEA, and Problem-Solving initiatives to promote and ensure that plant processes are continuously improving and operating in a waste elimination
- Facilitates / leads implementation of processes required to achieve elements of the facility Strategic Plan and Scorecard objectives including elements such as Five S, ISO, Ergonomics program and Operational Excellence Plan.
- Confers with automation vendors to determine tools, product and services specifications and arranges for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Identifies needs and proposes elements to be included in the annual Capital
- Coordinates implementation of projects included in the facility annual Capital Plan and ensures timely implementation of it as per
- Monitors the automation processes on an ongoing
- Performs other duties and projects as
- Maintain the work area clean and organized
- Support lean initiatives (5s, RIE’s, SQDIP, MDI, 9 step)
- Comply with company policies and procedures, including EHS and ISO requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (BSIE, BSME, BSEE)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
- Creative thinking skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical
- Problem solving
- Excellent presentation and communications skills (English/ Spanish)
- Computer knowledge (MS Office, project planning, ).
- Knowledgeable of ISO
- Knowledge of Lean / DFT theory and implementation
- EIT and active member of CIA