Published: June 20, 2020
- Responsible for formulating and executing strategy, pipeline development, and other activities to meet or exceed monthly sales targets within the Federal Government and Commercial markets.
- In charge of conducting market assessments and manage business activities to support growth in the target verticals.
- Responsible for identifying and qualifying new business opportunities and overseeing the capture management and proposal development processes.
- Responsible for maintaining the “pipeline” for new business and ensuring accuracy of the data for all opportunities assigned under this position.
- Participate in the development of annual and long range strategic business plans.
- Support the corporate leadership in staying aware of and preparing new business opportunities, including: upcoming business targets; market outreach events; contract industry day events; other important outreach events.
- Responsible of leading a sales team with growing revenues generating between $5 million to $15 million in annual sales.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 10+ years of sales experience
- At least seven of those years as the sales manager or director.
- 3-7 years of outside Federal sales experience and/or capture experience with demonstrated success developing a qualified new business pipeline and winning new business
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills