Published: July 2, 2021
- Manages day-to-day operations of alcohol production.
- Liaises with customers, suppliers, the media, and wholesalers, among others to promote the distillery and its products.
- Each phase of the distillation process must be logged, and detailed records should be kept in accordance with company procedures.
- Accountable for formulation, blending, sensory evaluation, fermentation, and distillation.
- Engages with Brand Managers in product promotions and related activities.
- Ensures quality and safety standards are met.
- Designs a comprehensive sampling and recording programme.
- Have appropriate experience qualification in brewing and/or distilling.
- Academic background in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, Microbiology, or related is a plus; years of experience in lieu of formal education may be considered.
- Several years of experience as Master Brewer and/or Master Distiller is a plus.
- Strong background in beverage production processes.
- Spirits Production and Process leadership experience with Blending techniques, yeast growth, fermentation, distilling, and mashing, among others.