Published: November 30, 2018
- Will be responsible for managing the structural design and analysis functions for the Structures, CFD and RMSS Directorate, within the Mechanical Systems & Components Engineering Organization.
- Responsibilities also include driving process and tool improvements, Criteria, Guidelines and Practices commonality and utilization, maintaining and developing critical engineering skills and ensuring compliance with regulatory and product safety requirements.
- Provide front line functional management and technical guidance to the team to meet schedule and budget commitments for all programs.
- Coordinate with the appropriate program managers and project engineering that utilize team resources to ensure proper technical direction and realistic staffing/budget estimates.
- Support process standardization and execute on process improvement roadmaps.
- Execute strategy for development of the Wheels, Brakes & Fuel Controls Structural Design and Analysis competencies domestically and at global sites.
- Support introduction of new technologies.
- Employee management including Bi-Annual employee reviews, Management Resource Readiness (MRR) and Technical Resource Readiness (TRR) assessments.
- Demand/Capacity planning and resource management, including definition and implementation of a globalization strategy.
- Defining and utilizing appropriate metrics to measure the group’s performance against cost, schedule and performance objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in structural design and analyses.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience directing / leading others.
- Demonstrated understanding of overall engineering disciplines and processes for mechanical products.
- Strong technical skills with emphasis in solid mechanics and structural dynamics.
- Experience in mechanical product development processes and certification activity.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Familiarity with design assurance and regulatory guidelines.
- Action oriented, high energy, able to seize opportunities when they arise.
- Highly motivated and capable of influencing technical decisions.
- Strong team building, coaching and communication skills to lead and motivate team in achieving team and individual goals.
- Applicant should be highly motivated, with demonstrated leadership, and communication skills and an ability to influence technical decisions.
- Green belt and/or DFSS certified preferred.
- Advanced engineering degree is desirable.