Published: September 25, 2018
- Responsible for working with the Transitions and Restructuring teams supporting evaluating, developing estimates, and providing the program management responsibilities for the Engineering and Technology (E&T) efforts associated with Aerospace transitions and restructuring projects.
- Responsible for collaborating with the Engineering Leadership Team, all Engineering Center of Excellence, Integrated Supply Chain (ISC), and Global Real Estate to evaluate the feasibility of and build estimates for Engineering effort associated with transitions, repositions and restructuring projects.
- We are seeking candidates with demonstrated management and technical capability, broad business experience and expertise, and strong leadership skills.
- Production of data-based estimates at the appropriate level of detail, close coordination across all stakeholders, appropriate communication to leadership, proactive risk management, process adherence, and achievement of schedule targets for estimates and strategic plans.
- Drive establishment, development and continuous improvement of the Engineering Standard Transition Process
- Lead Engineering teams responsible for evaluation of feasibility and estimation of site transition activities affecting Aerospace Engineering and Technology footprint and ISC-led or E&T-led repositioning Lead team in execution of transition projects through all STP phases.
- Lead the efforts associated with Engineering repositioning knowledge capture and management to ensure a disciplined and data-driven approach is utilized for assumptions and basis of estimate on all transition activities. Lead the creation of a project knowledge base in alignment with the Engineering Standard Transition
- Collaborate with others to improvement the Management Operating System to drive effective communication, interface, and execution of tasks and responsibilities between all E&T Transitions, all E&T COEs, and ISC
- Support financial due diligence, including current and projected performance expectations of transitions and repositioning projects
- Work with the E&T leadership team in driving core strategic initiatives in support of the E&T global footprint and strategic Own the roadmaps for the strategies initiated. Champion working groups in support of the initiatives.
- Assure that appropriate knowledge management is exercised to maximize the transfer of knowledge to new projects and retain the assumptions and basis of estimate for all transition estimates.
- This position requires signing a Global Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Science or Business
- 10 years engineering experience in roles of escalating responsibility
- 7 years program management experience
- Extensive relevant program management experience, preferably programs involving the management of complex footprint transitions ranging from green field opportunities to full site closure
- Must be a US person
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or Business preferred
- International experience preferred
- Demonstrated relationship management, motivational and interpersonal skills
- Certified PMI Program Management Professional (PMP)
- Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully and confidently with customers/personnel at all organizational levels in independent and often stressful and ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships across organizational, functional, and geographic boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively; anticipate problems and opportunities; effective change agent
- Strong process orientation
- Ability to execute to plans while effectively managing risks and opportunities
- Travel required (10-25%), including international