Published: March 19, 2019
- Senior Manager will be the main technical interface for global customers and partners, as well as the main technical point of contact for program leaders.
- This person will use his/her background and experience in motor and position control technology to promote the spherical motor for different markets and applications, and address questions and concerns from customers and partners. Based on guidance from program leadership on market/application requirements, mechanism requirements and design concepts, the Lead Development Engineer will define specific motor requirements and development tasks for the Engineering team, and will also have input into how certain motor features may play into certain applications
- Provide technical guidance to the Engineering teams for developing and improving the spherical motor performance and features for different applications.
- Coordinate with Business and Technical Leadership to help define and manage the technical baseline of the spherical motor for various markets.
- Interface with potential and existing customers and partners to determine gaps and opportunities for technical development, based on an understanding of the customers’ technologies and requirements.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Science
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) and Robotic motion control industry
- Proven development Program Management experience
- In-depth knowledge of motor and motion control technologies, especially electromagnetic and electromechanical designs
- Familiar with motor design and analysis techniques (e.g. magnetic modeling, torque/speed characteristics, dynamic modeling, closed-loop control, etc.)
- Acquisition of new customers under “start -up” environment by convincing OEMs to adopt company’s differentiated technologies
- Proven track record of project management (i.e. maintaining schedule, cost and technical baselines)
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing business and technical requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven leadership skills
- High level of business acumen preferred
- Willingness to travel > 30%