Published: November 15, 2018
- Plan, lead, execute and complete projects to improve productivity and quality through proper investigation and data driven six sigma principals.
- Identify optimal conditions by evaluating factors such as material temperature, flow rate, pressure, and cooling rate during molding process and most important during the development of molding process.
- Design plastics or injection-mold fabrication processes.
- Create and improve injection-mold machinery.
- Develop molding process manufacturing processes.
- Ensure quality output of molded components.
- Develop and design engineered plastic parts, insert molded parts and assemblies.
- Establish the parameters for an optimal molding environment.
- Review existing validation reports. Create new reports and verifications.
- Analyze mold flow, part advisor analysis, finite element analysis, and stress/fatigue analysis on plastics
- Close communication with customers, QA, suppliers and product development teams on project matters, material issues, tooling and fixture design, process capability studies, and product quality issues for existing processes, products and related projects.
- Develop process documentation and training materials for new processes, materials, and equipment, including drawings, protocols, completion reports and specifications.
- Design and procure process tooling.
- Conduct research and development testing and validation to determine effectiveness and compliance to quality standards for the manufacturing processes. Confirm conformance to engineering designs and methodologies and verify overall safety. Prepare reports on these activities.
- Supervisor Processing and Mold Set Up Technicians, set priorities for the day, troubleshoot and manage any personnel or mold issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; preferably in plastics engineering, polymer science or materials science.
- Certification in Thermoset Molding
- Minimum 7 years’ experience
- Technical experience injection molding / plastics processing and tooling.
- Experience with Scientific Injection Molding Principles in a related manufacturing environment.