Published: January 17, 2019
- Responsible for delivering and maintaining automation-based systems and solutions which provide flexible, innovative, cost effective, compliant and quality-focused manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals.
- Provide automation support to the daily operations, continuous improvement and projects for the Pilot Plant, Bulk Manufacturing, Filling, Assembly, Packaging, Utilities, Facilities and other DCS and PLC Automated Equipment and Control Systems on a GMP regulated environment.
- Implement technical changes to existing control system hardware and software, and supervise modifications done by outside vendors, including development of specifications and testing documentation.
- Participate in a rotating after-hour on call program.
- Support Capital Projects by developing, planning and implementing automation-based projects and solutions in collaboration with cross-functional teams, including determination and delivery on scope, schedule, cost, and quality to ensure the sustained production, successful product launches and customer satisfaction.
- Provide advanced technical expertise: troubleshooting to the automated equipment; ensure effective maintenance and availability of equipment; execute equipment control system modifications; create and modify new system specifications and standard operating procedures; train users and peers on control system functionality including programmable logic controller (PLC), Human Machine Interface (HMI), computer/control networks, and instrumentation; support software and hardware life cycle management efforts; contribute to developing improved and robust control system strategies; perform advanced automation system design; provide documentation, testing, commissioning and validation support; implement configuration changes to Historian when required; and investigate and analyze customer opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for technical optimization of the automation systems; create, modify, and maintain automation system and documentation including automation specification documents and SOPs in a compliant state; contribute, support, and lead BPE, MPE activities to ensure a continuous optimization process.
- Bachelor’s degree (US or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field AND Eight (8) years of relevant work experience; OR Master’s degree (US or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field AND six (6) years of relevant work experience. If Bachelor’s then four (4) years of project leadership experience, four (4) years of GMP experience, and five (5) years of automation experience; If Master’s then two (2) years of project leadership experience, four (4) years of GMP experience, and five (5) years of automation experience.
- Prior experience pre- or post-degree must include: Design, configuration, support, testing of Delta V DCS, and one or more of the following systems: Siemens BMS, SCADA/PLC control systems and /or OSI PI;
- Working knowledge of process equipment, instrumentation, and/or computerized systems typically applied to biopharmaceutical manufacturing process; Knowledge of economic relations and business needs; and Knowledge of legal and regulatory aspects within biopharmaceutical business and EHS.