Published: April 12, 2018
- Proposal, design, development, qualification, field support of all control system aspects of propulsion and auxiliary power unit turbine engine control systems.
- Responsible for meeting all program objectives, supporting new product proposals, establishing hardware and software control system requirements, collaborating with controls hardware and software suppliers, managing fielded controls products – driving both reliability and cost.
- Support all IPDS phases from concept development through production and field support.
- Apply engineering knowledge, tools, and principals to develop systems
- Design high tech systems to integrate homes to manage comfort, efficiency and cost
- Innovate and design systems to safely deploy military overseas
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to successfully complete a background check and drug-test
- Aerospace Engineering experience 1-8 years with strong Project execution abilities
- Strong communication skills with ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
- Electronic Control Systems development experience from design through certification, production and aircraft/field support.
- Technical skills including estimating, planning, design, certification and support of engine control systems and familiarity with the aircraft installations and regulations
- Experience in all phases of system and/or software life cycle development from customer requirements to completion of validation and verification activities.
- Experience in product development processes used for Controls products for turbo-machines or related complex systems (cabin pressure, motor controls, power generation management, etc.)
- Ability to identify and solve complex technical and/or programmatic problems within schedule, budget and resource constraints
- Knowledge of embedded software/hardware systems, and real-time software design
- Solid knowledge of / experience with aircraft systems, turbine engines, environmental controls systems and related components
- Experience with development of closed-loop control systems
- Experience with DO-178, ARP 4754, MIL-STD-2167A and/or DO-178B/C in an aerospace environment
- Control system integration and test experience in lab or flight test environments
- Hands-on experience of Simulink, WebPTS and DOORS
- Understanding of interrupts, DMA, queues, stacks, shared memory, and serial I/O design
- Strong diagnostic and debugging skills
- Experience with lab and test equipment, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators, symbolic debuggers and simulation tools
- Experience with Aerospace products, certification, customers
- Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully, ethically, and confidently with internal and external customers and meet commitments
- Strong leadership, coordination, communication, interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Tenacity in meeting project objectives
- Strong problem-solving skills