The Account Director and Group Account Director roles focus more on managing the agency relationship with a client, and larger marketing concerns. Is also responsible for the profitability for a specific group of accounts and represents the Agency at the community level. S/he is also the managing executive of the market on non-functional issues. The senior account person with responsibility for direct supervision of all group account service staff as well as responsibility for one or more accounts. Manages Client relationships and resolves functional conflicts through consultation with regional function heads. The Account Director is the person to whom the account supervisor and account executives look for support, guidance, and counsel.
- Overall growth and development of accounts in his group.
- Meeting profit goals on each account in his group.
- Maintaining a high level of performance by the account teams and other agency personnel, as needed.
- Being sufficiently informed and personally involved, ensuring sound planning, good service and a solid client/agency relationship.
- Following agency policies and procedures.
- Keeping management informed of the status of his group’s accounts, problems, plans and meetings, as well as involving Management personnel at key times.
- Insures the timely development and execution of plans, campaigns, and projects to assure earnings, growth, and profit goals are achieved.
- Provides account team leadership and convey the specific requirements for multi-functional support to the appropriate functional regional management on a timely basis.
- Plans, develops, and defends budget recommendations, work goals, measurements, and training requirements necessary to provide both quality and profitable service to Clients.
- Assigns duties, goals, and supervises the account service staff in the local market.
- Executes duties and assignments as directed in compliance with corporate guidelines and objectives.
- Maintains awareness and controls situations which may lead to the risk of write-offs.
- Maintains open and complete communications of Client issues with functional leaders and corporate management.
- Provides leadership/motivation and conveys the vision and values of the Agency to the assigned staff. Insure that the staff works in conformance with Agency policies and procedures and public law.