Published: November 20, 2017
- Develops and maintains an attitude of Continuous Quality Improvement throughout the organization.
- Assists in formulating and maintaining Quality Objectives and coordinates objectives with Upper Management and other Department Managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Involved with the planning, organization and promoting of training activities related to product quality, reliability, customer requirements and QS-9000 development / maintenance. Assists in training associates in product testing, inspection, and/or any technical subjects specified by the established departmental training needs.
- Assist in the development of new product programs / procedures as well as redevelopment of existing product programs / procedures to ensure quality system robustness and process reliability and capability.
- Analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Works with Senior Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Technicians and other associated departments to coordinate the completion of Process Control Plans and complete gauge and capability studies.
- Establishes adequate communication with customers to assure a thorough understanding of customer requirements and transmit this information internally as required.
- Provide technical support for the shop floor inspection team, final audit, and receiving inspection.
- Investigates and responds to customer, as well as internal complaints regarding Quality. Performs investigative and correlative dimensional studies.
- Assists the MRB team in non-conforming product disposition. Assists in the development of Corrective Action Responses both internally and externally.
- Assist and participate in the training of associates in statistical and problem-solving techniques.
- Adhere to company’s Safety Procedures and Accountabilities
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Four years related experience and / or training in the Plastics molding manufacturing environment preferred. Experience in insert and reel-to-reel molding processing a plus.
- ISO or QS-9000 or ISO/TS 16949 systems auditing experience preferred.
- Two years’ experience in a decision-making position desired.
- ASQ Certified Quality Technician (CQT) required. Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) certification and/or ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) certifications desired.