Published: October 23, 2017
- Perform gear & spline design and analysis on propulsion engines, APUs, and advanced technology programs.
- Use state-of-the-art software tools and methods and support Technical Excellence Teams to capture and publish analysis practices and guidelines.
- The position may involve test rig design, operation, and data collection & analysis.
- Analytical results may be presented in design reviews and will be recorded in appropriate documentation to meet program deliverables and requirements.
- Must work effectively with design teams, global support and chief engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Must have hands-on experience in design and analysis of Gears & Splines
- Must be a US person (US citizen, US permanent resident or individual with protected status i.e. asylum/refugee) due to US export control laws and regulations.
Advanced understanding and application of these disciplines:
- Gears & power transmission
- Kinematics & mechanisms
- Strength of materials
- Fatigue lifing
- Gear manufacturing processes
- Experience with gas turbines and gas turbine gearbox systems.
- Aptitude for mechanical designs and system conceptualization.
- Strong oral, written and persuasive communication skills are required to interact with engineering teams and other disciplines.
- Background in structural dynamics and rotor dynamics is a plus.
- Familiarity with mechanical component rig testing is a plus.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and application is a plus.