Published: November 20, 2018
- Conducts research and development in SATCOM and RF concepts and technologies.
- Primarily responsible for specifying, designing, analyzing, developing and validating new antennas and RF hardware prototypes.
- Interface with suppliers, customers, subcontract management, business development and marketing personnel to develop R&D strategy, plan and execute RF systems research, early product development, and concept demonstration initiatives
- Support marketing and proposal efforts.
- Act as lead engineer on projects, coordinating activities of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Author, release and update technical documentation including specifications, schematics, fabrication and assembly drawings, and test procedures.
- Identify, design, and implement cost reduction improvements for antenna systems.
- Communicate project status on a regular basis to management and external partners.
- Author scientific proposals, patents and papers.
- As a subject matter expert, advise engineering, product marketing, and mergers and acquisitions on state-of-the-art technology concepts and systems
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have a BS in Electrical Engineering, Electromagnetics and antenna engineering.
- Eight (8) years of experience in RF/antenna systems engineering.
- Experience with active (SiGe or CMOS) and passive phased array development
- Experience using RF/antenna simulation CAD tools for model-based design such as HFSS and Savant
- Ability to use MATLAB for basic analysis, data processing, and presenting results.
- Software development experience: C, Python, Shell scripting, Fortran
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Electromagnetics and antenna engineering.
- Experience leading end to end system development of (prototype) antenna systems.
- Experience using compact and near-field antenna ranges is a plus
- Development of automated scripting tools for processing data.
- RF test equipment such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, RF noise figures measurement, etc.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Radome experience is a plus
- LabVIEW experience is a plus