Our client, an established automotive retail and service chain, is searching for a Parts Manager for their St. Maarten operations. The position will lead the Parts team through effective purchasing, inventory control, staff development, pricing strategy, merchandising, advertising, and sales management.
- Sets targets and monitors performance against targets, calculating incentive payments for each team member.
- Proactively records progress throughout the year and participates in the team’s performance evaluation.
- Leads expansion in the areas of retail, wholesale and export with a target growth as per negotiation and approval of top management.
- Works closely with Warehouse Supervisor to ensure that procedures are followed with respect to receipt, location and rotation of stock.
- Conducts stock checks to ensure that physical count and inventory in the Dealer Management System are balanced.
- Uses management reports to display inventory statistics and notes observations/makes recommendations for improvements.
- Proactively identifies issues/problems focusing on process improvement and takes steps to resolve these.
- Gathers and analyzes market information and statistical data to develop sales strategies and promotions, in collaboration with the Marketing Manager.
- Implements processes to measure and track customer satisfaction.
- In collaboration with the General Manager, develops an annual business plan and sales forecast for the department.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in automotive industry in a similar capacity
- Valid driver’s license
- NADA membership; complete several courses within 6 months of employment
- Previous experience with auto parts management and warehouse logistics