Published: September 11, 2018
- Responsible for continuously driving a culture of operational excellence, coaching and enabling waste removal activities using lean and six sigma approaches and tools and guiding actions to a sustainable conclusion
- Manages multi-contingency deadlines, maintaining focus on the critical path. Defines lean and six sigma activities standards and encourages and rewards adherence to them. Consistently applies Quality charter. Demonstrates personal discipline in values and goals.
- Coaches company resources across the global platform to resolve priorities and achieve results. Oriented toward longer term, high output, and value-added process improvements. Identifies the right time to make a decision and communicates the decision clearly. Evaluates potential impact and value; prioritizes own efforts and those of team accordingly. Coaches / trains to increase group output.
- Drives and reinforce Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) techniques, initiate process improvements, cycle time reductions, cost reductions and other activities aimed at reducing/eliminating non-value-added activities in the process.
- Leads and drives ownership to embrace and support Operational Excellence culture
- Drives excellence and enhances profitability for company through leading OpEx initiatives.
- Leads and provides technical leadership to the site General Managers/ site OpEx leaders
- Leads and facilitates workshops and carries out other forms of communication to support OpEx implementation
- Develops, organizes and administers training and certification activities associated with OpEx initiatives
- Tracks and reports progress of OpEx program initiatives to company Medical Operations leadership
- Frequently performs assessment audits to measure OpEx program maturity and identifies areas of opportunity
- Maintains and tracks VIP metrics and performance across the company
- Participates in external training programs associated with OpEx to stay abreast of latest developments
- Understands the magnitude of a variety of issues and adjusts priorities and resources accordingly. Segments problems into manageable pieces. Deals with quantitative and organizational problems. Encourages innovation.
- Drives a campus wide culture to identify and execute lean and six sigma projects.
- Coach and facilitate Lean Transformation activities through Kaizen workshops and other initiatives.
- Embraces change to improve the status quo. Encourages and rewards informed risk taking. Solicits new ideas and problem-solving techniques. Recognizes and removes barriers to alternate ways of thinking.
- Identifies areas of improvement for existing product lines and processes. Works closely with customers and plant staff to drive changes and improvements that impact the bottom line results on Quality, Service, and Cost.
- Leads change and champion the need and business case for change in the organization
- Effectively gains cooperation from peers and peer plus. Solicits and supports employee’s participation in business improvement projects. Demonstrates trust and respect. Role models and creates a positive work environment. Assesses and utilizes the diverse talents of team members. Encourages diversity.
- Leads and provide managerial and technical leadership to the project team members. Coached and mentors other team members on continuous improvement and project management initiatives.
- Listens to customers. Anticipates potential customer impact and communicates to group. Represents external as well as internal customer needs in decisions. Manages charter conflicts across organizations. Balances workload across many customers. Develops customer orientation in employees through example and customer questioning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering. Engineering Degree and post graduate degree highly desirable.
- Computer literacy in Minitab, Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT, and PROJECT
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent. Experience in designing, developing and deploying Continuous Process Improvement programs (Lean and Six Sigma). Experience in the Medical Device industry highly desirable.
- Hands-on Project Management experience.
- Demonstrated experience teaching and coaching the application of Lean and Six Sigma tools
- Demonstrated leadership capability, change agent and leader to drive project success individually and through direct and indirect reports.
- Strong understanding and practical application of Continuous Process Improvement methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma. Black Belt or Lean Certification highly desirable.
- Instills a sense of urgency and drives problems towards resolution.
- Exhibits a high level of energy and possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
- Adept at leading change, leading people and building coalitions in a demanding, dynamic environment.
- Excellent written, oral, presentations and facilitation skills. Bilingual in English and Spanish highly desirable.Proven cross functional leadership and influencing skills.
- Strong business acumen.