Published: December 22, 2017
- Performs operation analysis to maximize flow in the areas and to assure the best use of resources to achieve total product cycle time goals and the highest level of productivity.
- Identifies quality issues and establish systems to improve yield, reduce scrap and minimize rework. Establish metrics to monitor employee and area performance (area efficiency, utilization and equipment downtime) in terms of quality. Performs material analysis to avoid manufacturing disruption, scrap or shortages.
- Provides the manufacturing direction to coordinators and employees to ensure completion of a daily manufacturing plan as specified by our planning groups.
- Responsible of maintain a functional cross training matrix between the employees. Maintains last revision in the manufacturing floor.
- Monitor daily operations of a work group and actively assists, or provides direction to staff as required. May perform, especially in staff or professional groups, ongoing operational tasks.
- Leads lean sigma initiatives to optimize the manufacturing processes. Leads cycle counts at manufacturing area.
- Accomplishes tasks mainly through direct supervision of employees in the support career ladders. Provides leadership, coaching and career development.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply. Plans and administers procedures and budgets.
- Makes budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor.
- Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function. Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas.
- Ensures proactive engagement and representation of Manufacturing within Development Teams to ensure future products meet the operational efficiency goals.
- Work in close collaboration and partner with R&D, IT, Quality, HR, and Finance organizations to optimize overall operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Delivers process and manufacturing excellence. Encourages process and design innovation, supply chain leverage, cost effectiveness and process robustness during development and manufacturing. Interfaces with internal business partners to understand their needs related to technology, product reviews, performance objectives, device features/functions, cost, delivery schedules and quantities.
- Establishes and maintains accountability for all business team performance metrics, in support of the Annual Operating Plan and Quality objectives.
- Reports any observed or informed process and/or product non-conformities.
- Reports any complaint regarding company products.
- Ensures the quality policy is understood, implemented, and maintained at all levels of the organization.
- Ensures the quality systems requirements are effectively established and effectively maintained.
- Finds resolution of quality situations at the area of responsibility.
- Ensures that all personnel in their areas are aware of EHS policies and requirements.
- Ensures that associates receive appropriate training to carry out their jobs and responsibilities in accordance with EHS requirements, objectives and targets.
- Maintain current knowledge of the area’s EHS aspects.
- Identify opportunities and propose ideas to reduce, minimize or eliminate EHS aspects for continual improvement.
- Actively participate in the definition of EHS objectives and targets
- Responsible for setting employee objectives linked to the Annual Operating Plan, Quality initiatives and other key operational metrics.
- Responsible for on-time performance feedback to all employees tied to previously established objectives.
- Pursues organizational development strategies for enhanced goal alignment, cohesiveness, professional skills and organization flexibility.
- Develops and implements Business Team objectives utilizing Six-Sigma/Lean Techniques in support of continuous process improvement activities.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment free of any harassment, discrimination, and high on ethical/quality standards as established by company policies & procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science Engineering, Business Administration or related field.
- Five (5) plus years of experience. Previous experience providing work direction to people preferred. Engineering or manufacturing environment exposure. Experience in medical device, pharmaceutical, or electronic industry preferred.
- Talent Management & Development and Strategic Thinking skills
- Interpersonal Relations and Teamwork skills
- Quality and Results oriented
- Fluency speaking and writing in English and Spanish