Published: November 22, 2017
- Manages activities of a department, function or geography with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods and employees.
- Accomplishes results through delegation of responsibility to individual contributors who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Generally, first level of management for staff functions.
- Provides leadership, coaching and career development.
- Frequent interaction with internal or external contacts at various organizational levels concerning ongoing operations or changes relating to processes or program.
- Leads briefings and meetings with internal and external contacts.
- Provides direction, leadership and coaching to staff regarding tasks, projects and operations. May perform ongoing operational tasks especially in staff or professional groups.
- Provides measurable input regarding development of overall objectives.
- Ensures that ongoing operations, processes and programs are completed on schedule and within budget. Erroneous decisions, recommendations or failure to complete assignments would result in moderate impact on customers and/or objectives.
- Significant direction and guidance is provided about assigned objectives and design. Some involvement in programs and process design is expected.
- Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units. Recommends modifications to operating policies.
- Ensures that EHS MS is effectively implemented and maintained within the area of operations.
- Provide visible demonstration of his/her commitment, including visiting and inspecting site, participating in incident/accident investigation, participation at EHS meetings and issuing messages of support.
- Provide adequate resources for the maintenance and corrective actions of the EHS.
- Participate in the definition of EHS objectives and targets for the area and ensure that they enhance continual improvement.
- Ensure the personnel are appropriately trained to carry out job activities in accordance to the EHS requirements, objectives and targets.
- Lead continual improvement projects to reduce, minimize or eliminate EHS aspects/impacts within his/her area of operations.
- Approve G & O’s
- Ensures the quality policy is understood, implemented, and maintained at all levels of the organization.
- Ensures the quality systems requirements are effectively established and effectively maintained.
- Reports any observed or informed process and/or product non-conformities to the Supervisor.
- Reports any complaint regarding a company product to the Supervisor.
- Finds resolution of Quality situations at the area of responsibility.
- Complies with all the requirements in the operational procedures at the area of responsibility in order to meet the requirements of all applicable Quality System regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Business Administration or related field.
- 7+ years of related experience
- Exposure to manufacturing environment
- Computer literate
- Fluency speaking and writing in English and Spanish
- People Management and Development
- Financial experience
- Critical/Analytical thinking
- Technical writing experience