Published: April 11, 2018
- Develop pricing methodology for life and annuity PPLI
- Assists in conducting routine risk analyses using mathematical modeling techniques and statistical concepts.
- Determines probability and assesses potential
- Assists in preparing reports indicating implications of analyses to management to advise them on potential risk
- Assists in advising management on the administration of routine life insurance scenarios to reduce liabilities and ensure regulatory
- Works with information technology professionals to develop systems to ensure compliance with requirements of regulatory
- Peer review and impact analysis of assumption updates
- Comply with internal and external regulatory requirements
- Responsible for providing updates to Senior management on tax and accounting pronouncements that impact the inforce book of
- Provide direction around GAAP, STAT and Tax reserving
- Maintain and/or implement an Actuarial System for housing the inforce book
- Performs other related duties as assigned by
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) in Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics, or Mathematics from four- year college or university, and two years of life insurance/annuity/reinsurance industry experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
- FSA professional designation or near-FSA.
- Strong financial modeling, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of PPLI product valuation and reserving related to GAAP, STAT and
- Develop and implement cutting edge underwriting and new business
- Strong ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with clients and co-workers. Ability to work independently but also be a strong team
- Excellent communication skills as demonstrated in general conversation, clear, complete responses to internal and external clients, formal presentations and written
- Ability to effectively communicate with all management levels, board members, actuarial consulting firms and office
- Strong problem solving and organization
- A highly motivated and committed individual with an energetic and goal-oriented
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines with an exceptionally high degree of
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision to meet tight
- Strong communication skills to be able to explain complex concepts to non-actuarial business
- Programming experience including Excel, Visual Basic, SQL or actuarial modeling software
- An excellent command of written and spoken
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and
- Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.