Published: April 30, 2018
- Responsible for managing products end to end supply chain to achieve the desired customer service levels.
- Work with the Commercial team to launch new products and support products in the market. Work with the Operations teams on inventory, packaging, and manufacturing strategies to support the products; and with the regional planning teams to maintain service and identify improvement opportunities.
- Supports new product introduction through collaboration with cross-functional sources and new product teams.
- Acts as the focal point for interface into the manufacturing, packaging, and distribution operations in support of new product introductions.
- Establishes and maintains replenishment targets and inventory policies for inventory in all regions
- Allocates inventory for which only scarce supply is available based on documented fair-share methodologies. Methodologies must be determined and agreed to with key partners (Marketing, Sales, Finance, etc.)
- Monitors product flows to ensure timely product production, shipping, and receipts in the distribution centers to ensure inventory targets are met.
- Develops worldwide product family and SKU rationalization plans.
- Generates, reviews, and suggests changes to the demand forecasts with the Marketing department to ensure forecasts are consistent with the sales plan. Ensures that the assumptions underlying the forecasts are rigorously challenged and understood.
- Reviews capacity availability by plant and product families. Identifies areas where unconstrained net requirements cannot be met and works with manufacturing to develop resource allocation strategies and then closes the loop with marketing in order to manage realistic expectations.
- Evaluates key performance indicators to evaluate product production relative to committed build plans, forecasts relative to consumption, and inventory levels relative to targets on an ongoing basis and for use at meetings.
- Identifies improvement opportunities across the supply chain and participates in improvement programs.
- Works with all operations relative to the management of the products he/she is responsible for
- Performs responsibilities as required by the Quality System and other duties as assigned or requested.
- Mentors item level planners to grow their capabilities and skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Management or related field
- 5-8 years’ experience in production planning or supply chain planning, in a controlled QSR and ISO production environment.
- APICS certification preferred
- Experience with supply management – inventory policy setting and interfacing with operations
- Demand Forecasting experience
- Experience leading and participating cross-functional project teams, preferred
- Analytical capability - analysis of large amounts of data
- Intermediate skill in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Advanced preferred.
- Experience with a formal planning system
- Negotiation and project management skills