Published: October 23, 2017
- Developing validated processes for aero elastic analysis of fan and compressor blade rows.
- Task planning, coordination, and prioritization of development activities.
- Interfacing with and supporting fan/compressor design organization.
- Interacting with and directing global support staff.
- Planning and performing rig/engine test program to validate development activities.
- Interacting with university researchers as needed.
- Must be US citizen or lawful permanent resident due to support of government programs and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related Engineering disciplines
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of performing aero elastic analysis.
- MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering preferred.
- Fan/compressor technology experience highly desired.
- Demonstrated understanding of unsteady aerodynamic and structural dynamic characteristics of turbomachine components.
- Experience with flutter and forced response analysis.
- Experience using CFD and FEA tools for turbomachinery applications.
- Experience of analysis methods development desired.
- Understanding of dynamic data instrumentation and dynamic data reduction techniques desired.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex engineering problems desired.
- Written and oral communication skills sought.