Published: April 12, 2018
- Proposal, design, development, qualification, field support of all control system aspects of propulsion and auxiliary power unit turbine engine control systems.
- Responsible for meeting all program objectives, supporting new product proposals, establishing hardware and software control system requirements, collaborating with controls hardware and software suppliers, managing fielded controls products – driving both reliability and cost.
- Support all IPDS phases from concept development through production and field support.
- Management of a development project including planning / estimating scope, schedule, cost, technical, resources, risk management, and execution.
- Overall technical coordination and leadership of design, development and change activities within the engineering team to ensure that all customer and internal requirements are being addressed.
- Project focal point with all internal departments such as Program Management, Manufacturing (AME / ISC), Engineering, Product Assurance, Supplier Management, Contracts and Quality.
- Technical point of contact with our customers and suppliers
- Local point of contact for programs with global PEs – Provide seamless communication of -Phoenix daytime activities with PEs in global sites.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to less experienced Pes
- Use your strategic thinking to help anticipate problems, recognize and eliminate barriers.
- Lead and maintain an optimized program management operating system for specific business segment programs.
- Bring the best global thinking to your own organization and region to understand technology and management concepts required for company’s products and processes.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to successfully complete a background check and drug-test.
- 8+ years of related Aerospace Engineering experience with strong Project execution abilities.
- Strong communication skills with ability to ready, write and speak fluently in English.
- Project Engineering experience from design through certification, production and aircraft/field support.
- Ability to identify and solve complex technical and/or programmatic problems within schedule, budget and resource constraints
- Knowledge of embedded software/hardware systems, and real-time software design
- Solid knowledge of / experience with aircraft systems, turbine engines, environmental controls systems, flight control systems, Display and Graphics and related components
- Experience with DO-178, ARP 4754, MIL-STD-2167A and/or DO-178B/C in an aerospace environment
- Experience with Aerospace products, certification and customers
- Knowledge of project planning, tracking, reporting and management tools and methodologies. PMP certification is highly valued.
- Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully, ethically, and confidently with internal and external customers and meet commitments.
- Strong leadership, coordination, communication, interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Tenacity in meeting project objectives.
- Strong problem-solving skills.