Published: April 4, 2018
- Oversees the activities at a construction job site.
- Manages construction crews, inspects ongoing work, ensures adherence to state and local codes, arranges for necessary equipment and keeps construction project costs at or, if possible, under budget.
- Must perform diverse tasks to ensure that construction projects are meeting deadlines and being completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is working properly.
- On-sight visits, project scheduling and team building.
- Makes sure that teams are working together with the sole objective of completing a project while adhering to deadlines, specifications and codes.
- Involved in the selection of specific contractors and sub-contractors and ensuring that these individuals are working well together.
- Keeps track of the progress of each project to ensure that it is not only meeting specifications of the architect, but that the personnel are maintaining safe work practices and following state and local guidelines concerning building projects.
- Holds regular meetings with workers to review worksite safety. Communicates with inspectors about compliance with building codes and assist with on-site inspections.
- Develops contracts, such as those with contractors and sub-contractors, as well as creating budget and cost estimation statements, preparing project bids and submitting progress reports. In addition, they may work closely with architects in creating original project specifications and in making any changes to these specifications during the construction process
- Should be detailed-oriented problem-solvers with the ability to meet deadlines and work with various personality types.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- They should be able to work outside in all elements and be in good physical condition, as bending, lifting and walking are all activities they will likely participate in while visiting a construction site.
- Applicant would be required to submit a drug screen and background check.