Published: October 25, 2018
- Resolve obstacles to meet the schedule, including, but not limited to, resolving issues with non-conforming material, unclear specifications, or vendor capacity constraints in participation with cross functional teams.
- Lead and oversee the implementation of moderately complex procurements strategies that meet quality requirements and optimize cost, inventory, delivery and services while ensuring continued supply (favorable PPV).
- Plan materials requirements and place purchase orders from suppliers to continuously support production schedules and new product launches, including; negotiate prices and delivery. Manage purchase orders using ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and vendor portal including analyzing current EW and VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory) levels.
- Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to assist with the validation process on new/revised raw materials, components, suppliers and products.
- Analyze price and inventory forecast and provide recommendation during the annual standard costing process.
- Generate purchase orders using the Manufacturing Enterprise system. As a member of the Material Review Board (MRB), responsible for supplier related issues, including making recommendations on Quality reviews of rejected materials and collaborate with Quality to determine final dispositions.
- Monitor acquisition of equipment/assets through Capital Procurement Assets (CPA) process. Establish and maintain gross inventory targets including developing action plans. Identify, plan and execute cost reduction and cycle time reduction initiatives.
- Other incidental duties.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent field required
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) CPIM certification preferred
- 3 years of experience in purchasing and scheduling techniques or equivalent
- Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, and Word; ERP (e.g JDE) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
- Have knowledge of manufacturing planning, inventory control, materials requirements planning, capacity requirements planning, shop floor control, warehousing, transportation and purchasing business functions.
- Convert and communicate demand requirements for products into detailed plans and schedules for inventory acquisition. Knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and inventory management programs (e.g, JIT/Kanban, Min/Max, Safety Stocks)
- Practice good customer relations management and maintain a customer relations program.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams, key contact representing the organization on contracts or projects, and vendors/suppliers. Demonstrate a commitment to the mission and motivation to combine the team’s energy and expertise to achieve a common objective.
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Understand the systematic approach to closing of process or system performance gaps through streamlining and cycle time reduction; identify and eliminate causes of quality below specifications, process variation and non-value-adding activities.
- Hold gains in process improvements by establishing key performance measurements, bench marking metrics and continuous process improvement initiatives to improve process quality on a continual basis.
- Demonstrate an interest in personal learning and development; seek feedback from multiple sources about how to improve and develop; modify behavior based on feedback or self-analysis of past mistakes. Demonstrate intellectual curiosity about why things are the way they are; challenge the status quo