Published: October 5, 2018
- Lead the development and maintenance of Advanced Product Quality Plans aligned with the assigned NPI program cross functional teams. Monitor APQP status throughout the IPDS process.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers to explain the APQP process and approach.
- Coach development teams on and review product and process design related documents, such as DFMEAs, PMAPs, PFMEAs, MSA’s and Control Plans throughout the IPDS process.
- Monitor product build performance, assisting design and manufacturing engineers in DFM and manufacturing process capability studies.
- Function as a liaison between engineering, manufacturing and supplier quality to support Flawless Launch activities.
- Audit IPDS Phase Exit packages for compliance to the APQP and Flawless Launch manufacturability requirements (PPM).
- Monitor, track and ensure completion of supplier APQP requirements related to Early Supplier Engagement (ESE) and PPAP.
- Develop and complete approval of the program specific APQP Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) checklist document (AF-0775), including submittal to customers for approval if required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Six Sigma Green Belt required and proven problem-solving competence using advanced problem solving and six sigma techniques
- Some travel required
- Prior experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning processes is preferred
- Experience participating in/mentoring teams with strong problem-solving skills and a track record of delivering on time to commitments
- Proven ability to be a “change agent” and lead execution of multi-site and/or cross-functional continuous improvement projects/initiatives preferred.