Published: November 26, 2018
- Supplier Relationship Lead for key identified US based vendors, which includes polymers, specialty chemicals, and packaging
- Build and develop relationships with key vendors, understanding their organizations and supply chains to ensure continuity of supply at best value to company.
- Encourage innovation within a controlled, regulated framework
- Negotiate commercial agreements in line with business strategy, and working with site and legal teams.
- Seek opportunities to leverage spend, including the development of long-term supply agreements as appropriate.
- Monitor supply performance (balanced score-card), and hold regular performance reviews. Lead improvement actions as appropriate
- Identify, qualify and develop new vendors, for existing and new materials as directed
- Work with sites to obtain and develop materials forecasts; monitor performance and co-ordinate issue resolution and improvement
- Provide guidance for the setting of standard costs and general industry knowledge
- Provide Category Management Leadership for the category of Secondary Packaging and/or others as directed.
- Combine an understanding of company spend, current and future demand, with market knowledge and stakeholder inputs to develop, agree & implement sourcing strategy for the category to provide best value, cost and resilience
- Document, agree and communicate category strategy to company leadership and stakeholders
- Lead the selection, introduction and qualification of new global suppliers, including leadership of the RFQ, and vendor selection process
- Undertake periodic spend reviews to identify and deliver savings / value adding opportunities
- Monitor industry trends and drivers to ensure that category objectives are achieved, and to ensure that company is aware of alternative and developing technologies, particularly in respect of digital printing and opportunities to address requirements for low volume / high mix packaging
- Lead procurement processes for global contracts (tendering, bid evaluation and review, negotiations, contracts)
- Work with sites to establish appropriate inventory levels to meet forward requirements and assure continuity of supply. Support the implementation of VMI and consignment stock processes to improve service, reduce cost and improve material flow.
- Provide a range of information and reports to Senior Management
- Contribute to the Global Sourcing team
- Work with project teams as required
- Ability to engage and influence at Director Level and above.
- Strong and confident personality, ability to act as the category lead across a global business and supply base
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic supplier relationships
- Understanding of commercial law, and ability to develop and construct a range of supplier contracts
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, competent in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Operated within a fast-moving result orientated business
- Well organized, methodical and detailed conscious, with a high level of personal integrity & professionalism
- Mostly within an office environment, and as part of a small team in diverse geographic locations
- Extensive use of computers and telephones
- Requirement for frequent travel. International travel 3-4 times per year; national travel monthly
- Qualification in higher education or a professional qualification
- Negotiation training
- Contract Law