Published: July 27, 2018
- Develop and manage a high-performance team with a focus on customer needs, compliance, and department metrics.
- This person will be a leader or expert by consistently making appropriate decisions.
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality
- Ensure all direct reports are aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality, are current with their training requirements and that they understand and comply with all applicable regulations and standards governing their job assignments.
- Ensure that all products are properly inspected to determine conformance to specifications and Quality Management System requirements.
- Coordinate the work activities within the various work areas ensuring that adequate resources are available to meet customer expectations.
- Participate in capacity planning by scheduling inspections, ensuring adequate staffing, and verifying adequate material supply.
- Partner with Supplier Quality, Finance, Inventory Management and Planning to manage metrics (efficiency, performance to schedule, non-conformance rates), control spending and resolve discrepancies.
- Lead Tier Meetings to facilitate communication and problem solving between support team members.
- Responsible for the release and maintenance of all associated department procedures to ensure compliance.
- Promote an environment of employee empowerment, team work, and continuous improvement through lean principles, compliance, quality, personal growth and development.
- An effective people manager resulting in a motivated high-performance team and is fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and strategic quality planning and objectives.
- Provides direction and support to subordinates based on Quality policies and management guidance.
- Manage hourly employee time sheets.
- Analyze and review the product discrepancies and guide the inspectors to document Non-Conforming Material Report (NCMR).
- Provide training for staff and appropriate personnel with regards to SOPs, product quality requirements, and quality skills.
- Use problem solving methods (DMAIC) to continuously improve quality, safety and efficiency.
- Identify and prioritize continuous improvement opportunities, participate in kaizen events.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience with minimum 2 years of experience leading manufacturing teams.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Requires broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work as an effective team member and support multiple projects and responsibilities with minimum to no supervision
- 4+ years of experience in a medical manufacturing environment (preferred)
- 2+ years of experience as a supervisor
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Leadership experience
- Proficient in QAD
- MES knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Coaching skills
- Ability to motivate and influence a Team
- Planning/Project Management skills
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing (Continuous Improvement, Problem Solving, A3, DMAIC)
- Results Driven to achieve KPIs
- Facilitation skills
- Conflict Management and Interpersonal skills