Published: March 19, 2019
- Design mechanical systems and components for air turbine starter and actuation products.
- Responsible for complete product definition (CAD models and drawings), drawing interpretation, tolerance stacking, design-to-cost, design for manufacturing, design for assembly, and effective collaboration with other engineering groups.
- Ensure designs comply with existing command media (e.g. DRM, DSH, CGPs) and industry standards.
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts including knowledge capture, design standards, tool and process improvements.
- Apply your experience and skills to solve challenging design problems.
- Drive innovation and utilization of design for additive manufacturing into product designs.
- Develop new ways to design products faster.
- U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- 4 years of engineering experience.
- Some experience with CAD software, especially NX.
- Some experience with PLM tools, especially Teamcenter.
- Some experience working with engineering drawings, including use and application of GD&T principals per ASME Y14.5.
- Some experience in design of mechanical products.
- Ability to convey information with clarity and directness, ensuring the message is understood across diverse, global teams.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes for metallic parts including sand/investment/die casting, CNC mill/lathe, and additive powder bed fusion.
- Effectively demonstrates ability to deliver on complex situations or problems without guidance or supervision.
- Consistently makes timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
- Some travel required